I’m in Liverpool at the moment on a city break (there will be a large post up about it once I’m back!) so I needed a relatively quick and easy post to do earlier in the week to schedule. It kinda’ killed two birds with one stone as I’ve wanted to do a beauty related post for a while and so this helped with that too! So here it is: The 30 Questions Beauty Tag. Enjoy!
- What was your first make up item bought?
I honestly don’t remember the exact item. When I was about 10, I can remember getting make up kits for Christmas but they weren’t branded, they were the type you would buy for a girl of about 10! I can also remember buying Miss Sporty electric blue eyeshadow. (Nice!)
2. Describe your perfect mascara.
I like a mascara that adds length but with no clumpiness. For a night out I like something that will darken the lashes but everyday just adding length will do. I currently use Maybelline’s Lash Sensational.
3. What kind of coverage do you like from a foundation?
I like a medium to full generally – as I don’t tend to go crazy on other aspects of “face make up” (contour, highlight etc) I like the base I do have to be worth its while.
4. Favourite high-end brand?
I generally don’t buy high-end. I don’t think I’ve had anything you’d classify as such!
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but haven’t?
I used to go to a Uni with a girl who’d always get Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks and they looked fab. I’ve also heard lots about Nars and so would probably like to give them a go.
6. Favourite drug store brand?
I like Rimmel and Maybelline.
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Very, very rarely. I wore them for my wedding but only because someone applied them for me! I’m just not great at applying them and generally don’t ever find myself in a situation where I want to wear them!
8. Is there any kind of make-up you can’t leave the house with?
I used to leave the house with my whole make up bag…how times have changed! Now I’ll generally just make sure I have lip balm on me, especially in cold weather. Other than that, not much!
9. What is your most cherised beauty product?
I love my Real Techniques brushes – they really do make a difference.
10. How often do you shop for make up? Do you buy as and when you need to or splurge all in one go?
I do find with make up I don’t splurge like I do with clothes. I’m not great at experimenting either and stick to what I know. I tend to run out of things at similar times so stock up as I need to.
11. Do you have a beauty budget?
Sort of – but as I tend to stick to the same products I kinda’ know my spending.
12. Do you utilize sales and coupons when shopping?
I’m a bit of a sucker for a 3-for-2!
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I find myself running out of brow pencil more than anything.
14. Is there a brand you can’t stand?
Not really – there’s plenty I don’t use but it’s not that I can’t stand them!
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in products?
Not particularly – maybe I should become more aware?
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for make up?
I pretty much do all my make up shopping in Boots!
17. Do you like trying new skincare products?
Until I found something that worked I would try new things quite regularly. But now I tend to stick to the same things.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
Either Soap and Glory or Champneys are rather luxurious!
19. If you could only buy from one brand which would you choose?
Rimmel as it’s where I get my base products from.
20. Which brand do you think has the best packaging?
Soap and Glory – I love their slogans!
21. Which celebrity always has great make up?
I love natural looking make up – even though it must be layered on quite thick for TV it doesn’t look caked! People like Holly Willoughby and Rochelle Humes look really naturally pretty.
22. Do you belong to any online make up communities?
No – any recommendations?
23. Do you like multi-functional products, like lip and cheek stains?
I never use them!
24. Are you clumsy putting on make-up?
Sometimes, if I’m in a rush. I’m not very skilled either so to most it’ll probably look clumsy!
25. Do you use a make up base or a primer?
Not every day – I’ve tried a Barry M primer to reduce redness before and then an illuminating base but it’s not an everyday thing.
26. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
I wash my hair every other day and use L’Oreal Dream Lengths shampoo and conditioner. Every other time I wash it I use a the dream lengths deep conditioning mask and before I blow dry, a serum from the same range. I have naturally wavy/frizzy hair but I have a keratin treatment every six months which keeps it smooth and sleek, even when blast dried. So other than the products mentioned above, I don’t use any others!
27. How long is your hair?
It’s a few inches past my shoulders now – I am trying to grow it!
28. What do you apply first: concealer or foundation?
I apply concealer under eyes and on any real problem areas (blemishes or redness) but don’t blend. Then I apply foundation over the top and blend.
29. Do you ever consider taking make up classes?
Not really – it would help me know how to apply properly but there are enough tutorials on YouTube to help with that if I need it!
30. What do you love about make up?
That it can just make you feel that little bit fresher – cover up your dark circles from a lack of sleep or a nasty spot. I like that you can apply different levels of it depending on where you are going as well.
Love, KH xxxx